Friday, April 9, 2010

Stone Trough by Don Lawler

This week, I was asked if I would consider doing a stone trough. I looked at pictures of various examples on the internet that were in the UK. This is what I came up with.

It came out just a little bigger than intended. The overall dimensions are 39" long x 22" wide x 12" high. There are six 1/2" drain holes in the bottom. It is carved from a single block of Indiana Limestone and weighs about 350 lbs. SOLD!!!

This is the other side of the trough.

This is a detail shot of the wild chisel pattern that covers the outside of the trough. I had too much fun with this one.

I pinned "Minerva" to a stone base. All of her information is featured in last week's posting (below).

This is the side view which shows that the back of the piece was ground flat and polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment